Terms of Service and Rules
You may not use the LumineBoreali.net discussion forum unless you read, understand and agree to the forum rules and terms and conditions of use.
Throughout this document "Lumine Boreali" or "LB" refers to the website lumineboreali.net and the discussion forum located on that website.
By using Lumine Boreali you acknowledge that you agree to the following rules:
1. You are prohibited from transmitting through Lumine Boreali any unlawful or harassing or abusive materials and you will refrain from distribution or use of any threatening, obscene or vulgar material of any kind. This includes (but is not limited to) posting - or posting links to - pornography, shock material.
2. Remain courteous and respectful to other users of the forums at all times.
3. You are prohibited from transmitting through Lumine Boreali any material that promotes or incites violence, terrorism, or any illegal activity against any individual, age group, ethnicity, gender, etc. You are further prohibited from using Lumine Boreali and any of its channels, private messaging system, and any information on the database as a whole for the transmission, discussion, or incitement of any form of violence, acts of violence, terrorism, or any other illegal activity that attracts legal response from national or international authorities. Lumine Boreali staff and ownership will enforce bans on any individuals responsible, will immediately remove the content in question, and if explicit enough, forward to authorities and cooperate with law enforcement. This rule is to be strictly enforced.
4. You are prohibited from transmitting material that may infringe on any intellectual property rights, copyright or trademark or any other rights of any third party.
5. Type properly and coherently. Do not tYpE lIkE tHiS or L1K3 7h15. Do not type whole messages or topic titles in ALL CAPS. Do not use improper abbreviations such as "ur" (you're) or "y" (why). Do not type entire posts without the use of grammar. Do not type entire posts in bold, colour or similarly formatted text.
6. Do not post the same thing repeatedly (Spamming). Even (in fact especially) if it has been deleted by a moderator for whatever reason. This includes posting the same thing in multiple forums (cross-posting).
7. Never re-post something a moderator has deleted (in any forum) without explicit permission from a staff member.
8. Do not register user-names that are deliberately offensive - this includes (but is not restricted to) swear words and anything that breaks the Lumine Boreali rules or terms and conditions of use.
9. You are prohibited from using Lumine Boreali to distribute junk mail or 'spam'. Or to collect information on users, including their email addresses or any other personal information submitted by them without their explicit agreement.
10. You are prohibited from using Lumine Boreali to advertise commercial products, websites or other discussion forums that detract from the highbrow nature of the forum.
11. You are prohibited from using Lumine Boreali for the conduct of business and from making any potential revenue dependent on any part of Lumine Boreali without prior written approval from the forum staff.
12. Personal signature images do not have a mandated size cap, but will be up to the discretion of staff members. Only a single image may be included in your personal signature and images may not be animated.
13. Personal avatar images must not be obnoxious or deliberately offensive.
14. Double logins (multiple accounts) are prohibited. To ensure enforceability of this rule, using anonymous proxies to access Lumine Boreali and post on the forum is prohibited under most circumstances.
15. Do not deliberately take conversations off-topic. Avoid bringing irrelevant issues into a conversation that will take conversation away from the topic addressed by the opening post.
Failure to comply with any of the forum rules may result in your posts being deleted and/or your account being temporarily or permanently banned from Lumine Boreali. In addition, your account may be deleted or edited by the forum staff at any time without prior notification for whatever reason. Terms and Conditions of Use
By using Lumine Boreali you acknowledge that you agree to the following terms and conditions of use:
1. You agree to hold sole responsibility for all information you transmit through Lumine Boreali, including but not limited to: image files, sound files, video files, text-based logs, articles and/or other written material in whole or in part, as well as links or other direction to any such material. Furthermore, you hereby indemnify the owners and operators of Lumine Boreali from any and all liability arising directly or indirectly from your transmission of information through Lumine Boreali, including personally identifiable information or media submitted and transmitted on your own behalf.
2. You understand that by browsing/using Lumine Boreali you might be exposed to objectionable, offensive, indecent and otherwise prohibited material. Additionally, you understand that the owners and operators of Lumine Boreali can offer absolutely no guarantee regarding your exposure or potential exposure to unwanted material of any kind. Therefore, you agree to browse/use Lumine Boreali at your own discretion and risk.
3. You are responsible for your account, the password to your account and any activities conducted by your account. You are responsible for the confidentiality of the password and the account. You agree to ensure that your account is protected by a non-trivial password. You are further responsible for any personal information you voluntarily disclose through public channels, such as in posts, polls, on the chat box, etc.
4. If you do not wish any information to be stored in Lumine Boreali's database, you must not use Lumine Boreali. You understand that the publishing of information upon Lumine Boreali is the purpose of uploading information to Lumine Boreali. By transmitting information through Lumine Boreali, you explicitly grant full and irrevocable, royalty-free license for that information to be published upon Lumine Boreali whenever you are legally empowered to grant such license. You understand that the owners and operators of Lumine Boreali claim no responsibility for the maintenance, upkeep, indexing and/or catalog of posted information, and you agree to completely absolve the owners and operators of Lumine Boreali of any such responsibility.
5. You agree to abstain from any action that might disturb, interrupt or malign the usability of Lumine Boreali, or involve Lumine Boreali in any such act. You understand this to include but not be limited to: the distribution of material containing viruses or other harmful, malicious, illicit and/or destructive code; tampering or interfering with the functionality of the host network, XenForo software and/or any other software or system constituting a component, accessory or account of Lumine Boreali; any attempts whatsoever to gain unauthorized access to preferences, data, or machinery at or through Lumine Boreali.
6. Lumine Boreali is presented on an "as is" and "as available" basis, and entirely without warranty. You agree to use Lumine Boreali at your own risk. The owners and operators of Lumine Boreali do not make any claim, advertisement, contract or guarantee to your use being an uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error free experience. You understand and accept that the owners and operators of Lumine Boreali are neither obliged nor able to be bound to user expectations or requirements; that the owners and operators of Lumine Boreali have no obligation to correct errors in Lumine Boreali and nor do they have an obligation to "improve", "enhance", or to "update" the functionality or performance of any aspect of Lumine Boreali.
You further understand and accept that the owners and operators of Lumine Boreali have the right to modify, cancel, or add function(s) to the site at any time, with or without prior warning or notice to you, the user. You understand that the owners and operators of Lumine Boreali are in no way obligated to continue the existence of Lumine Boreali, for any duration, and that they are not liable to any party under any circumstances in the event that the decision is made to add or discontinue any or all function(s) of Lumine Boreali.
7. Lumine Boreali owners and operators may decide to terminate any or all of Lumine Boreali at any time, with or without cause. You agree that Lumine Boreali owners and operators will not be liable to you the user or any other party following the termination of any or all of Lumine Boreali.
8. You understand that the owners and operators of Lumine Boreali may suspend or terminate your access to Lumine Boreali at any time, with or without notification or cause. You agree to your account and all information thereby transmitted through Lumine Boreali being left "as is", edited, dumped, banned or deleted regardless of your current access status.
9. Lumine Boreali owners and operators are not responsible to the user's computer system or any data stored on such computer system for any damage that may occur as a result or presumed result of use of Lumine Boreali, nor the downloading of data and software from (or linked to from) Lumine Boreali.
You agree Lumine Boreali owners and operators will not be liable for any loss of use, interruption of business, or any indirect, or consequential damages of any kind (including but not limited to lost profits) regardless of the form of action.
10. You acknowledge that all the information on Lumine Boreali, including all content, data on any software, sound, photographs and any text, video, or any other information presented to the user by any of Lumine Boreali, or any of the advertising materials, or materials presented by other users of Lumine Boreali, may be protected by copyrights, trademarks or patents. You agree that you are permitted to use such protected content only as authorized by the owners of such content and are not allowed to reproduce, copy, distribute or use in any other content without an explicit authorizations by the owners of such content.
11. Lumine Boreali owners and operators reserve the right to modify the forum rules and terms and conditions of use at any time and at their sole discretion. The updated and current version of this document will be posted on the website (this web-page) and your continuation of use of Lumine Boreali constitutes an agreement by you the user to be bound by the new forum rules and terms and conditions of use. It is your responsibility to check this document regularly. You MUST immediately discontinue use of Lumine Boreali if at any point you do not agree to any portion of the forum rules or terms and conditions of use.
12. Lumine Boreali owners and operators have the option to give notices to users via online announcements or email. Lumine Boreali owners and operators may post messages on the Bulletin Board or contact you by email to inform you of changes to the forum rules, terms and conditions of use or any other matters of importance; such announcements constitute a notice to you the user.
Online Privacy Statement
Your privacy is important to Lumine Boreali. Our goal is to provide you with a personalized online experience that provides you with the information, resources, and services that are most relevant and helpful to you. This Privacy Statement has been written to describe the conditions under which this web site is being made available to you. The Privacy Statement discusses, among other things, how data obtained during your visit to this web site may be collected and used. We strongly recommend that you read the Privacy Statement carefully. By using this web site, you agree to be bound by the terms of this Privacy Statement. If you do not accept the terms of the Privacy Statement, you are directed to discontinue accessing or otherwise using the web site or any materials obtained from it. If you are dissatisfied with the web site, by all means contact us at; otherwise, your only recourse is to disconnect from this site and refrain from visiting the site in the future.
The process of maintaining a web site is an evolving one, and Lumine Boreali may decide at some point in the future, without advance notice, to modify the terms of this Privacy Statement. Your use of the web site, or materials obtained from the web site, indicates your assent to the Privacy Statement at the time of such use. The effective Privacy Statement will be posted on the web site, and you should check upon every visit for any changes.
Sites Covered by this Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement applies to all web sites, domains, information portals, and registries maintained by Lumine Boreali.
Links to Third Party Web Sites
TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Non-Personal Information Non-personal information is data about usage and service operation that is not directly associated with a specific personal identity. Lumine Boreali may collect and analyze non-personal information to evaluate how visitors use Lumine Boreali’s web site.
Aggregate Information Lumine Boreali may gather aggregate information, which refers to information your computer automatically provides to us and that cannot be tied back to you as a specific individual. Examples include referral data, the pages viewed, time spent at our Web site, and Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet. For example, when you request a page from one of our sites, our servers log your IP address to create aggregate reports on user demographics and traffic patterns and for purposes of system administration.
Log Files Every time you request or download a file from the web site, Lumine Boreali may store data about these events and your IP address in a log file. Lumine Boreali may use this information to analyze trends, administer the web site, track users’ movements, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use or for use in security and improving the website.
Most browser software can be set up to deal with cookies. You may modify your browser preference to provide you with choices relating to cookies. You have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject cookies, certain of the functions and conveniences of our web site may not work properly, and you may be unable to use those of Lumine Boreali’s services that require registration in order to participate, or you will have to re-register each time you visit our site. Most browsers offer instructions on how to reset the browser to reject cookies in the “Help” section of the toolbar. We do not link non-personal information from cookies to personally identifiable information.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Lumine Boreali may use non-personal data that is aggregated for reporting about Lumine Boreali’s web site usability, performance, and effectiveness. It may be used to improve the experience, usability, and content of the site.
If you are a registered member of Lumine Boreali, you should be aware that some items of your information may be visible to other members and to the public on your profile, which you are free to hide from public view using the options provided within the profile settings. Lumine Boreali’s member database may retain information about your e-mail address, IP address, and identifying data as you choose to supply. We will not make this information public.
Please remember that any information (including personal information) that you disclose in public areas of our web site, such as forums, message boards, and news groups, becomes public information that others may collect, circulate, and use. Because we cannot and do not control the acts of others, you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose information about yourself or others in public Forums such as these.
Given the international scope of Lumine Boreali, information may be visible to persons outside your country of residence, including to persons in countries that your own country’s privacy laws and regulations deem deficient in ensuring an adequate level of protection for such information. If you are unsure whether this privacy statement is in conflict with applicable local rules, you should not submit your information. If you are located within the European Union, you should note that your information will be transferred to the United States, which is deemed by the European Union to have inadequate data protection. Nevertheless, in accordance with local laws implementing European Union Directive 95/46/EC of 24 October 1995 (“EU Privacy Directive”) on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, individuals located in countries outside of the United States of America who submit information do thereby consent to the general use of such information as provided in this Privacy Statement and to its transfer to and/or storage in the United States of America.
If you do not want your information collected and used by Lumine Boreali, please do not visit Lumine Boreali's web site or apply for membership.
Access to and Accuracy of Member Information Lumine Boreali is committed to keeping the personal information of our members accurate. All the information you have submitted to us can be verified and changed. In order to do this, please email us a request at lumineboreali.net/misc/contact . We may provide members with online access to their own personal profiles, enabling them to update or delete information at any time. To protect our members’ privacy and security, we also may take reasonable steps to verify identity, such as a user ID and password, before granting access to modify personal profile data. Certain areas of Lumine Boreali’s web sites may limit access to specific individuals through the use of passwords or other personal identifiers; a password prompt is your indication that a members-only resource is being accessed.
Security Lumine Boreali makes every effort to protect personal information by users of the web site, including using firewalls and other security measures on its servers. No server, however, is 100% secure, and you should take this into account when submitting personal or confidential information about yourself on any web site, including this one. Lumine Boreali and its owners assume no liability for the interception, alteration, or misuse of the information you provide. You alone are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your personal information. Please use care when use this web site and provide personal information.
Opting Out From time to time Lumine Boreali may email you electronic newsletters, announcements, surveys or other information. If you prefer not to receive any or all of these communications, you may opt out by following the directions provided within the electronic newsletters and announcements.
Contacting Us Questions about this Privacy Statement can be directed to the contact link at http://lumineboreali.net/misc/contact