1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are Armenoids European and/or White?

Discussion in 'Anthropology' started by EeeBunnyRabbit, 22 March 2016.

1. Personally I think they are as they are simply exaggerated Dinarids, I'm partly Armenoid myself.

2. Celtic Skogsra

Celtic Skogsra Heroic Member

In Europe Jews aren't really Armenoid, the true Armenoid according to Lundman has a higher vault than the stereotypical European Jew. His explanation is the 'Jewish' look is really from the local mixing of Mediterranean Jews - racial Semites like Arabs & Sephardim - with the Dinaric or Noric populations of Central Europe who as you say look similar. You have to realise this makes more sense geographically and historically than talking about Armenoid Jews in Central Europe and if you look at Armenian faces they tend to have a special profile to their noses European Jews don't have - think of Anita Sarkeesian. Over in Iran and the Caucasus the Jews supposedly resemble their neighbours.

Last edited: 23 March 2016
  3. Just look at our first priminister Ben-Gurion-he was Polish and looked completely Alpinid+Armenoid.
    Anyway, I'm Pontid/East Med+Armenoid; where would that fit? Most people tell me I look southern Italian or Greek, thought I must admit, one person mistook me for Armenian once.

4. Celtic Skogsra

Ben Gurion looked Carpathian as well as 'Jewish', in my opinion. But, the Carpathians themselves are eastern Euro Alpines seemingly modified by a Armenoid strain or such in the first place. It gives them their famous 'evil Slav' look. As I said what people think of as the Jewish look is from the mixing of a Semitic Mediterranean race with Central Europeans belonging to Dinaric type. You can imagine easily how a parallel mixture created the unrelated Armenian highlanders.

Pontid is the Atlanto-Mediterranean subtype from Bulgaria, Circassia etc so a Dinaric strain or blending with a broad-skulled Alpine type would make you a Dinaricised Mediterranean. You know like the strain in the Nile Delta ever since the influx of a Hurrian strain from the northeast (those migrations associated with the Hyksos period that also affected Israel/Palestine), or people in parts of places such as Anatolia & Italy. Personally I usually think of Italy because I knew Italians who fit this 'type' but its widespread, as you probably know there's overlap between Italians, Turks and such.

Last edited: 23 March 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. So you think my phenotype is European? Where would I fit in Europe and where not?

6. Celtic Skogsra

Well, it depends on what you look like. ;) As I already said, the 'Armenoid' look in the Jews contains a Semitic element from a people resembling Palestinians today. The Pontid type is indigenous to Europe, yes, as is the Dinarid. You would presumably fit in the Balkans? I haven't seen you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Celtic Skogsra

By using the word Semitic I intended to stress the extra-European origin of a specific strain within Jews, the strain that introduced the religion and liturgical language of course. Usually the old anthropological texts would have written Arabid or Orientalid. The Jews who stayed behind round the Mediterranean are still essentially a Mediterranean race like most Arabic speakers.

8. http://i40.tinypic.com/71l1q9.jpg
    Pretty old pic, but race doesn't change; some other forum said I look mostly Pontid and Armenoid, and other forums also suggested European Alpinid and even an Atlanto-Med chin; what do you think?

Last edited: 24 March 2016
  9. Celtic Skogsra

I can't see properly but its definite dinaricisation, you would fit in the Balkans region. :)

Last edited: 24 March 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1