Curious Images

Discussion in 'Visual Art' started by Friduhelm, 26 March 2014.

1. Friduhelm

Friduhelm Member

I started a similar thread at Skadi. Please feel free to post any photo or print that you feel qualifies as beautiful or unusual, along with a brief description.

_________

This was the tool chest of American piano maker and carver Henry O. Studley, constructed by himself in the late 19th century. It was so heavy that it could not be carried by one man. Notice the masonic symbol at the bottom left. The "G" within the compass and square is suppose to represent God, the Grand Geometrician of the Universe "to whom we must all submit and whom we ought to humbly adore. " They never mention which god that might be ;). The G is also flanked by the masonic pillars known as Jachin and Boaz. Many theorists claim that the WTC twin towers were representations of Jachin and Boaz and the destruction of the towers meant rebuilding the old ways into the new(NWO) :scratchchin:

[​IMG]

"The letter "G" is displayed quite often in Masonic symbols. The initiate is told that this letter stands for "God" and for "Geometry," which the Supreme Architect of the Universe used to design the universe.
    However, Arthur Waite, Occultist and 33rd Degree Mason quotes Eliphas Levi who is also a 33rd Degree, tells us that the letter "G" stands for Venus, and that Venus' symbol is a lingam, a stylized phallis.

Albert Pike states within Morals and Dogma that the Monad [#1] is male, and the Duad [#2] is female. Their sexual union produces the Triad [#3], which is "represented by the letter 'G', the generative principle." This term, "generative" is code for the sex act.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  2. Friduhelm

Friduhelm Member

The Living Klein-Bottle House of Time, designed by Paul Laffoley

In mathematics, the Klein bottle is a certain non-orientable surface, i.e., a surface (a two-dimensional manifold) with no distinct “inner” and “outer” sides. Other related non-orientable objects include the Möbius strip and the real projective plane. Whereas a Möbius strip is a two-dimensional surface with boundary, a Klein bottle has no boundary. (For comparison, a sphere is an orientable surface with no boundary.)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  3. Friduhelm

Friduhelm Member

A German silver, gilt and rock crystal pillar sun dial with calendar, serving as a complete civil and religious compendium of time, by Wolfgang Fugger, c. 1563

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  4. Skald

Skald Senior Member

I always was intrigued by Masonic prints and the heavy use of symbolism in Masonic art and works. Speaking as a former Mason, there's really not much about them that's too special.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  5. Plantagenet

Plantagenet Heroic Member

Not sure how legitimate this image is, but your Masonic print reminded me of it:

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Senior Member Sustaining Member

• Like Like x 2
  7. Raisin

Raisin Senior Member Staff Member

A depiction of Khan Krum "the Fearsome" of Bulgaria, with his drinking mug made from the skull of the Byzantine Emperor Nikephoros I. The Emperor, it seems, hadn't lived up to his name.
    [​IMG]
    The artist behind this was, I believe, Stanislav Nikolov; All in all, a curious vessel.

8. Pangloss

Pangloss Senior Member

[​IMG]

I wish I could tell you, but the truth is I have no idea what is going on, or who the artist is.

[​IMG]

I really like this one, it's taken from a special national geographic issue about the Russian Orthodox Church. I love it, the guy looks so content, and it looks rather timeless, this picture could have almost been taken by a time traveller travelling back to earliest days of Christian Russia.

Last edited: 30 August 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Arthero

Arthero Junior Member

10. Arthero

Arthero Junior Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice