1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Essential Man-Reading

Discussion in 'Community Sections' started by VedicViking, 15 April 2014.

1. fschmidt

fschmidt Senior Member

One should read Homer and Thucydides before Plato, and Aristophanes after Plato to get the contrary view. I side with Aristophanes against Plato.
  2. Azaeroe

Azaeroe Member

I change my mind- the goal is to produce someone who would otherwise enter ἀριστοκρατία as defined in the eighth book of Plato's Republic- & the emphasis would be predominantly on the reading of aforementioned in Attic. The rest I would leave up to him to do as he wishes- Of course the reality of 21st century Occidental civilisation is such that we are in the penultimate stage of retardation- Καλλίπολις does not exist & so I will be preparing him for nothing but hardship in a world of meaningless mercantile interactions.

I have had enough of internet undercaste/outcaste philistines on various servers who worship currency so I am going to retreat from those websites for some time.

It would seem the reality of politics has been paralysed upon a path of Liberalism since the introduction of American foreign policy in France by Woodrow Wilson. Isn't this the general view espoused by Francis Fukuyama which was borrowed from Hegel & Marx but altered? If it truly is the case then the thought of having a child who would otherwise be a member of ἀριστοκρατία honestly fills me with anxiety.