1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Introduction Thread

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Valvar, 10 September 2014.

1. fschmidt

fschmidt Senior Member

The Historic Church: An Orthodox View of Christian History
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005FLQE86

I have read a few books on Orthodoxy including "The Orthodox Church" by Kalistos Ware, but the above book is my favorite since it puts things in historical perspective. (Note that I am not Christian.)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Santiago Odo

Santiago Odo Junior Member

Located in South America. Originally American. Interst in Vedic religious modes. Then discovered Perennialism. Gravitated to Catholicism of a traditionalist sort but still feel most linked, conceptually, to a Vedic metaphysical order.

Politics: on an ideological level semi-fascist I suppose.

I am interested to understand if a synthesis is possible between traditional Catholicism and Veda. To what degree can they mesh? Who else thinks in these terms?

I’d go on but it is late.

Sincere regards,

Santiago Odo

• Like Like x 1
  3. s3v

s3v Recruit

• How you found out about Reactionary politics and/or Traditionalism
    Continuously being baffled at the intense levels of sheepishness everyday people partake in, and noticing it all being biased towards one direction.
    • What convinced you (or if you're not convinced, what's hindering you)?
    The instant I read a paragraph of Julius Evola, I knew in my bones that everything about Traditionalism was right.
    • Interests, sports, martial arts or similiar that you practice, authors that you enjoy reading
    I'm a software engineer, as weird as that sounds to be coupled with a Traditionalist. However, software development encapsulates many core values of Traditionalism. Life always exists in dichotomous states, an on and off, a low and high vibration, an everything and nothing, creation and destruction. Shades of gray in between are merely moving across this dichotomous spectrum. It could be said that life is binary. Additionally, the power behind creating software is an affirmative, resounding "yes" to life, wherein true beauty exists and can be created; it's the "on" domain, the "everything" domain. The key part to Traditionalism is implicitly saying "yes" to something - instead of just criticizing the world around you and saying what you don't stand for, you are making a statement about what you do stand for. This concept can also be applied quite easily to meta-politics; democracy, for example, is a "no", as almost every argument for it boils down to a criticism of authoritarianism; it is weakness, just a reaction. When you are building something, you are encompassing the opposite; you are beholding a strength from within, and instead making an affirmation towards life. Software is a great place to do this as the only limit of what you can create is the power of the technology at the time.
    • Stuff you've done, links to content by you that is available on the net
    Every time I do this I feel like a shill.
    • Religious views, and how you reached them
    Even walking down the most strangest of streets, the church bell ringing puts one at home.

This topic depresses me. No religions that exist today are traditional enough. I deeply yearn for a world that has no separation of church and state, and everything that is expressed religiously is merely implicit; that is, a religion that is non-ideological, and is solely symbolic (for example, the cross in Christianity being a symbol for sacrifice). I have attended numerous churches and all it consists of are priests moaning on about loving African refugees and remembering to partake in democracy. Attending that nonsense "just because" is a waste of my fucking time. I also don't believe in "it's better than nothing". Give me a church with full authoritative power to throw outcasts into a death-pit or give me death. Need I say more?
    • What you expect and want from your time here (ideas and suggestions much appreciated)
    To bond.