1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Introduction Thread

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Valvar, 10 September 2014.

1. Manu

Manu Señor Member

Ah, I like polish people. Not so much the drunkard dockworker types I used to meet sometimes in the wharf industry. But those are a breed of their own in any population. :rofl: Every other word was literally "kurwa". Regular polish people on the other hand, I like. Know a fair share right here where I live, because I used to go to catholic mass regularly, for a year or so. Wouldn't say I despised every minute of it. I learned some things and it was good for the intended purposes. And I got to know a bunch of good people, some of them polish.

I am actually writing something longer on something like what you are talking about. This is sort of where I am coming from. Not your average nostalgic pagan, either. I only care about what works and what I know is true, because of actual exploration into it. Not getting much from stuffy theoretical books at all, I find that those have extremely little to do with faith and more with anthropological guessing games. It is better by an order of magnitude to explore, to see and then be able to know. If anyone listens is secondary, but could of course be beneficial. I know a handful of people who are on the same page, fellow explorers. Our discoveries can often be different pieces of the puzzle, or we can use different terminology for the same thing, but usually we are on the same page. A general marker of truth in faith is the matter of life and rebirth. I won't go wholeheartedly into anything that does not contain something that I have seen and know for myself to be true.

https://lumineboreali.net/threads/the-nature-of-god.739/

2. JosephRex

JosephRex Heroic Member

Great word! I too am a neologician (coiner of neologisms), and can appreciate it from the POV of a fellow craftsman.

It’s also great to meet a fellow wildman, though circumstances forced me to give up most of the ways long ago.
    Incredible! You must have been a scribe in a lot of past lives.
    I went through a cataclysmic realization of how industrialized hi-tech civ is destroying the humanity of the species, and subsequently promoted what I conceived as the first step to a solution: for new tribes of people to return to the kind of lifestyle which evidently you are actually living. I called for the creation of a Human Wildlife Preserve, with people living as paleoliths within the forest fastnesses that still remain.

But I was certain that the ultimate step was to pull the plug on the global tech-mech monolith. Lately I’ve made some progress in describing the scenario in fiction:

Realm of the Ram

It would also be a giant leap in the right direction to form a Männerbund, which some of the folks here on Lumine Boreali talked about in its early days.

I’m curious to know what part of Appalachia you’re in, though will understand if you prefer not to say. West Virginia? Some friends of mine once established a homestead in the hollers there, and I was able to scope out the stark remoteness within a small geographic area. Or maybe Alabama. I’m from the northern end, the Pennsylvania coal fields. It was pretty medieval then. I never even saw a negro till my junior class trip to Hershey Park, where they make the chocolate. The first sighting was memorable: one of the guys looked out the window of the bus and shouted: “Look, a Hershey girl!” :rofl:

3. Coram Satanae

Coram Satanae Junior Member

I am near the southernmost proximity. The Alabama-Tennesse border or "Smoky Mountains".