1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Introduction Thread

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Valvar, 10 September 2014.

1. s3v

s3v Member

It's critically important that we point out habits of flukes in language such as these that are modern. I find myself amenable to a lot of language like this - for example, even saying "everyone" seems like a rather modern term; in what context could you use that phrase that doesn't imply equality? This needs to be entirely rid of.

2. Raisin

Raisin Senior Member Staff Member

Not quite sure I follow you. Do you mean using "Progressive" as a referent for modernism?

3. Zombie_Ramboz

Zombie_Ramboz Junior Member

Very interesting. Thanks for the post, and the welcome.

4. Laupiau

Laupiau Junior Member

My name is Lau, I am a 2nd generation kurdish immigrant in Germany. I am quite ashamed of that and also sad about it considering I only saw my homeland on travels but I plan to immigrate there as soon as I finish school. Nevertheless I am proud of my heritage and am a traditionalist nationalist monarchist. I randomly found players in online games who I discussed with about several "controversial" political topics. Then I became friends with them and got enlightened in several other conversations. I have a strong interest in classical music and partially in making poetry, though I don't actually read many poems myself and what I produce is very amateure i'd say. I have a tumblr blog called lauhelios where I like to post poems ̶a̶̶n̶̶d̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶o̶̶l̶̶e̶̶p̶̶l̶̶a̶̶y̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶e̶̶u̶̶r̶̶o̶̶p̶̶e̶̶a̶̶n̶. Those poems are mostly of political nature. I was raised sunni muslim but my believe in god only became real when I studied the onthological argument for god. I expect to have civilized discussions here and to see opinions by other traditionalists.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
  5. Raisin

Raisin Senior Member Staff Member

Welcome!

6. Christine C

Christine C Junior Member

Good day! I was born and spent my youth in Oregon (raised in a traditional family of 6, attending a Presbyterian church), enjoyed early & middle adulthood for 25 happy years in Hawaii, and the last 18 in an isolated barrio town on the Mexican border in California. I have worked as a bookkeeper and a Library technician, and my hobbies are gardening, drawing, and writing short fiction. I seemed to choose husbands who had vasectomies, so I never had children and have finally reached an age where I wonder what might have been if I did. Recently widowed, it seems time to engage once again in the study and reflection that the life of a householder delayed. Before meeting my husband, I spent many years studying esoteric texts, both Christian and Eastern (Among other studies, I went through the entire 18 year Builders of the Adytum course on Tarot and Kabbalah). The life situation in which I now find myself is this: Both of my closest intimates have left this world so I am rather painfully alone (quite an odd sensation for this profoundly introverted person to feel), and I’ll be making another move of household soon – all by myself, which provokes a bit of anxiety (as well as excitement). So I am looking for a congenial online community that will help stimulate my mind and afford opportunities for education and growth (and friendship, hopefully!) to sustain me through these changes and into a new life, where-ever it is I end up. Regarding my political persuasion, I am less than militant but increasingly conservative in most ways; there are basic spiritual needs of the human being – for nourishing traditions that provide both a foundation and a context for individual revelation, and true cultural diversity (i.e. a world not pervaded by t-shirts and coca cola) that are not addressed in the predominant “progressive” paradigm. I concur that globalism is a direct threat to cultural integrity. I am utterly appalled by the spread of AI and transhumanism. My hope is that Lumine Boreali will prove to be – indeed already is! – a place where I can come to stretch my mind and feel at home.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Pangloss

Pangloss Senior Member

Welcome.

8. Christine C

Christine C Junior Member

Thank you for accepting me as part of your forum! Made my day.