Introduction Thread

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Valvar, 10 September 2014.

1. Airyanem Vaejah

Airyanem Vaejah Junior Member

ethnicity: slav, central european
    philosophy: sophia perennis
    religion: sanātana dharma
    politics: theocracies, divinely guided monarchies, otherwise no interest in them anymore
    interests: primordial & secondary traditions, reading, interesting
    places & ideas, nature, self-sufficiency, bushcraft

• Like Like x 1
    • Superb Superb x 1
  2. Azaeroe

Azaeroe Member

welcome

3. Airyanem Vaejah

Go raibh maith agat.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Manu

Manu Señor Member Sustaining Member
    1. Norden
    2. Knights of the Iron Cross

Привет, брат.

There are things worth reading and people worth knowing here. As with every river, LB is a mix of silt, sand, gravel and grains of gold of varying size. Go out and get, sift and you shall find gold. Just beware of ugly big-nosed fish lurking in the shadows.

You might find ideas here. Try them out. Use your intuition, however. If something seems harmful, it probably is. Avoid "dry and stuffy" things that say many words and mean very little. A lot of that littering-ture is floating around. Better to use your head. I seldom wish to unread something, but some non-doer books which try to apply 3D base human "logic" to spirituality really gets me annoyed.

Approach spirituality - which in my immodestly unhumble but self-aware opinion pretty much is the foundation of traditionalism - much like a DIY project. Learn and do. Learn and do. Tweak. Experiment. Master it. Move on to the next thing and grow. Learn from people, even "stupid" people. Stupid people are usually good at something real. Most intelligent people are pretty much like SSD hard drives, full of non-digested information (not knowledge) and with no moving parts that accomplish things. If a stupid person cannot directly directly teach you, one can at least learn what not to do from them, even from the worst. The best is of course to find active intelligence. There are a few such individuals here. Old souls with a purpose. Which is why I keep coming back.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Airyanem Vaejah

Thank you very much for your warm welcome, brother. I will try to follow your advice and heed your warnings.

*Btw, I'm Slovak with some Austrian, Carpathian German, Polish and possibly even Hungarian ancestry (so a Central European mix typical for this region of the former Austria-Hungary) not a Russian.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Raisin

Raisin Senior Member Staff Member

Since it's obvious that Manu's typically salty comments are a thinly veiled reference to me, I'm sure nobody will begrudge me a response:

Manu, I know you're the sort of Untermensch that gets angry when he's asked to explain something that he doesn't really understand, so I'm sure that you're the sort of person who can hold a grudge and be bitter for years, but for Hell's sake the disagreement that we had was almost four years ago. It was literally in September of 2014 that you and your LSD-addict friend claimed that everyone who wasn't White worshipped a plethora of demonic gods - only to threw a tantrum when I responded to you. You've had plenty of time to get over it and stop whining constantly about "dry and stuffy" people using too many words.

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Azaeroe

Azaeroe Member

They dont? Haha.

Last edited: 16 August 2018
  8. Manu

Manu Señor Member Sustaining Member
    1. Norden
    2. Knights of the Iron Cross

Honestly, I was referring to authors and books. For example Guillaume Faye. Don't confuse it with me liking you actively, or something. I don't. But I spend no time disliking you, either. On the other hand, I haven't been annoyed with you for a long time and actually read stuff you write without getting mad. I don't feel that particular itch much and haven't for a long time.

What I mean is that there are better and worse books for (almost) any given subject. If it is dry and stuffy, and says very little with many words, then it is usually not worth wasting time on.

I am sorry I was rude to you before, it wasn't very nice and I shouldn't have, even if we probably have different views on a variety of things. I am sorry you thought I meant you when I wrote that. I really didn't but I understand the reaction in the light that you thought I did. As far as I am concerned, we are okay.

Edit: Don't mistake me saying so for politician's bullshit or weakness. There is no axe over my head somehow forcing me to be nice. I do have the problem of holding grudges for too long of a time. But I have been working on it for a while. I genuinely don't hate you. I don't think I understand or share many of your views, but I am not as attached to eradicating differences in such matters through heated discussion anymore. Again, I am sorry that our past interactions made you - in hindsight quite understandably - misunderstand what I wrote. I do accept one hundred percent responsibility for the whole debacle and I don't begrudge you the reaction. I hope we can coexist peacefully.

Last edited: 16 August 2018
  9. Raisin

Raisin Senior Member Staff Member

If I misconstrued your comments, then I apologise.

• Like Like x 1
  10. hylic

hylic Recruit

• Where are you from? UK
    • What are some of your interests? Anglo-Norman History, The Albigensian Crusade, Politeness.
    • Do you have any general political, philosophical, ideological or spiritual/religious views that you would like to tell us about? How do you look at the world? Do you have any specific intellectual influences? I abhor the degradation of social etiquette and vulgarization of modern culture and generally the lack of good manners throughout all levels of society. Courtesy has been replaced with 'Bro-Handshaking'.
    • What drew you to Lumine Boreali, and what do you hope to get out of a membership in our community? I came across this forum through researching folklorist David MacRitchie and his theory on the origin of Faerie belief in the the British Isles. I hope to make the occasional contribution here and there.

Last edited: 10 December 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice