1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lumine Boreali One Year Anniversary

Discussion in 'Forum Information, Policies & Updates' started by Valvar, 8 September 2014.

1. Today I am pleased to announce that Lumine Boreali has been an internet community for no less than one entire year! To celebrate the fact, I have created a short video.

Here's some statistics for the year that has passed:
    • We have accumulated 616 threads since our launch
    • In those threads, 6,333 messages have been posted
    • By 145 members
    • 120 of those members have made introductory threads, which is a good estimation (but not a perfect indicator) of the number of real, qualitative members
    • Of those members, six members (including staff) have accumulated enough trophy points (a summary of total contribution based on days since registration, members invited, total posts, total positive post ratings, etc) to reach the rank of Heroic Member and 13 members have reached the rank of Senior Member.
    For the first time, I'll also share some usage statistics over time with the community:

[​IMG]

We've raised approximately $340 (not including my personal contributions) thanks to the very generous contributions of our members, which has gone a long way in covering our hosting, domain name and support costs (~$170 total) as well as add-ons for additional functionality (like the Shoutbox, post ratings, community forums, donation manager - totalling to about $200), SSL certificates ($40), Cometchat License ($129), Cometservice ($10/month) and the forum license ($140, $40 to renew).
    Here is a pie chart showing the distribution of costs directly related to hosting and domain names for 2014 (unfortunately not including 2013, as those stats were not accurate and they could not be combined):
    [​IMG]

I hope that these numbers have given you some more insight into what is normally hidden behind the scenes - if there is anything else that you would like to know, feel free to ask!

Thank you for being a member of Lumine Boreali, and staying with us until now - there would be nothing at all without the community (the members are what defines it), and what we are doing in the administration is just providing the the administrative groundwork needed to support the community. I'm very happy with our results so far, and I hope that you are as well!

Last edited: 8 September 2014
    • Superb Superb x 10
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Xanthippe

Xanthippe Member

I keep returning to this forum not only because of some of the learned members and the topics they raise here, but mostly because the forum format is so beautiful and expressively user-friendly. Too many buttons can sometimes prove to be distracting, but I think this forum has it just right. Neat.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Celtic Skogsra

Celtic Skogsra Heroic Member

Welcome back Xanthippe. :)

4. Amerika

Amerika Member

(Belated) Congratulations on a one-year anniversary! And good work on keeping the costs low.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks! I suppose we must be just a bit past celebrating three years now. Gosh, time really does pass quickly.

6. Amerika

Amerika Member

It does. Before you know it, you are in a new era.