1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lumineboreali movie night

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Pangloss, 4 November 2014.

1. We should probably start a separate thread for it....

2. Celtic Skogsra

Celtic Skogsra Heroic Member

Watchmen
    A Clockwork Orange
    The Witchfinder General
    The Wicker Man
    (1970s)

3. The Fool

The Fool Second Lieutenant Staff Member Sustaining Member
    1. Lumine Boreali Gentlemen's Club
    2. Neoplatonism

I'm on board with Pangloss' suggestions.

4. twinshia

twinshia Member

I found the film subpar in comparison to the graphic novel from which it was adapted.

5. The Fool

The Fool Second Lieutenant Staff Member Sustaining Member
    1. Lumine Boreali Gentlemen's Club
    2. Neoplatonism

That may be, but it's a movie club, not a graphic novel club. ;)

6. twinshia

twinshia Member

True.

7. MethylSeasons

MethylSeasons Member

Whatever happened to this? My favorite director nowadays is Terrence Malick. "The Tree of Life" remains my favorite movie of all time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. I'm not sure, but it might not be a terrible idea to try to kick it into life again.

Here's a tool I developed in order to select what film to watch during film nights with my friends (it uses a file containing film titles from which it randomly selects one and fetches info about the film - it can also find films by title and add to the file):

https://mega.nz/#!9aYnUY6S!1yt4R4If1ERCtxCzbK40bdrBFQuUa7fAAUgzpKLNqoI

It needs a properly formatted text file to start off with. Here's the one that my friends and I use (if you just want to start from scratch I would recommend first adding a few films and then removing mine from the file - I'll fix it so that it's possible to start with an empty list in the future, but right now that is not possible): https://mega.nz/#!pKIQEKaT!nI24JCNPp2A7n9-aPhJW51gdatus6bjCxJlU2S45Fa4

• Like Like x 1