The general book thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Olavsson, 6 October 2013.

1. Are you looking specifically for literature that deals with the Zeitgeist, or just books written during that time? It Cannot be Stormed by Ernst von Salomon is supposed to be good. Hermann Hesse wrote most of his well-known books (eg. Siddharta and Der Steppenwolf) during the period between the wars. There's some good stuff by Ernst Jünger, too.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Werifesterian

Werifesterian Senior Member

Something of both. I'm most interested in British fiction.

3. Celtic Skogsra

Celtic Skogsra Heroic Member

Ewers and Viereck. :)

4. Posidonius

Posidonius Junior Member

Does anybody here have Evola's "Zen: The Religion of the Samurai"? I am desperately looking for a digital copy...

Last edited: 24 September 2018
  5. Pachakuti_Runa

Pachakuti_Runa Junior Member

Any recommendations in non-fiction about the Waffen-SS?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Manu

Manu Señor Member Sustaining Member
    1. Norden
    2. Knights of the Iron Cross

"Grenadiers" By Kurt Meyer.

The SS leadership manual is also pretty great. You can find both om amazon/kindle.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Pachakuti_Runa

Pachakuti_Runa Junior Member

Thanks, do you know also a more strictly historical-descriptive account of the SS?

8. Manu

Manu Señor Member Sustaining Member
    1. Norden
    2. Knights of the Iron Cross

Look at the Osprey series of history books, there are a few about the SS. If you want descriptions in words and pictures, that is. If you mean something contemporary outlining training, doctrine, battles and such, I don't know of anything really outstanding. The Osprey books are praised by most history buffs. When it comes to the SS, the powers that be of course makes them include the virulent lies of the victorious New World Order as well as some actual bad stuff. Nobody ever writes a balanced account, sadly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Bast

Bast Member Sustaining Member

• Superb Superb x 1
  10. Bast

Bast Member Sustaining Member

I have the book Conquest By Man, by Paul Herrmann on order for really cheap. Has anyone read it to say if his work is still relevant to prehistoric migration of the White race? I heard about it in the introduction to Yockey's Imperium, but I had no idea how much has "changed" in prehistory.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice