1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are you reading now?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Werifesterian, 16 July 2017.

1. Werifesterian

Werifesterian Senior Member

As suggested by Azaeroe, this is where you can let everyone know what books you are on at the moment (and what you think of said books.)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Werifesterian

Just finished Thinkers Against Modernity by Keith Preston (Black House Publishing, 2016. 125 pages, softcover.) It's a collection of short essays on Ernst Junger, Carl Schmitt, Friedrich Nietzsche, Hillaire Belloc, G.K. Chesterton, Julius Evola, Aleister Crowley, Corneliu Codreanu, and Alain DeBenoist. Most of them are good introductions to their subjects, but the book itself should have been better edited. As it is it has the feel of something slapped together from existing material over the weekend.

Am getting back to The Case Against the Modern World by Daniel Schwindt.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Azaeroe

Azaeroe Member

Recently finished re-reading selected dialogues of Plato and secondary literature related to it; Reading Plato.

Currently re-reading the Iliad while waiting for secondary literature on Homer.

While I am currently re-reading old stuff, my plan for the future is to devote myself to 2ndary lit dealing with Wagnerian opera, with some time spent on a book about Ludwig II and the second volume of Geschichte des Westens. After that I will re- read the first volume of Geschichte des Westens, as well as Fascist non- fiction [Mosley, Codreanu, Cioran, & Gentile is what I have in mind for now. It will help me flesh out my understanding of Fascism so that I can truly accept it as my favoured ideology, as well as providing inspiration for the writing I will be doing in my masters.]

Last edited: 31 July 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Plantagenet

Plantagenet Heroic Member

Over the past few weeks I've been reexploring the works of Henry Corbin, particularly any information dealing with pure Mazdaism or the Sufi material with sources in ancient Iranic tradition. In particular I've been reading parts of Spiritual Body and Celestial Earth and Cyclical Time & Ismaili Gnosis. The more I read the works and thought of Corbin the more I like him, pushing him up there with Evola, Guenon, Tolkien, Wagner, and Laozi as figures who loom large in my consciousness.

The connections between the Valkyrie and Fravashi, Ragnarok and Frashokereti, etc. and the heroic worldview shared by the Iranian and Germanic traditions has shifted my attention to the latter and so I've been rereading some material by Neil Price from his work The Viking Way: Magic and Mind in Late Iron Age Scandinavia over the past few days. What I really want to read and have been wanting to read for a while now is Kershaw's The One-eyed God: Odin and the (Indo-) Germanic Männerbünde but can't find it online anywhere and my cheapness has prevented me from buying it.

That aside I plan on purchasing and reading/digesting Evola's The Metaphysics of War since I only skimmed it in the past.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Werifesterian

Doing your Masters on fascism? Care to share details?

6. Werifesterian

Plantagenet, if you have not read Dumezil yet, you need to!

7. Azaeroe

Azaeroe Member

Politics, but I can put a spin on my dissertation, if I am not mistaken.

8. fschmidt

fschmidt Senior Member

I just read "The Way of a Pilgrim" and I was really horrified by this book. I hate passivity. This book convinced me that Orthodox Christianity is hopeless, and that Islam is the future.

9. Lithium

Lithium Member

I'm reading Mein Kampf and all the Northwest Front novels by Harold Covington.

10. Myrddin

Myrddin Senior Member

The Psychotic Left -Kerry Bolton
    This looks interesting so far