1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are you reading now?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Werifesterian, 16 July 2017.

1. Laupiau

Laupiau Junior Member

[​IMG] I am reading the biography and testament of Qazî Mihemed.Very interesting

2. Azaeroe

Azaeroe Member

Two new books arrived so I am reading them before getting back to my list-

An art book of Rubens w/ commentary-
    A biography of Blake-

I will be going on vacation soon so I will bring Die Bibel & classical philosophy with me.

3. Werifesterian

Werifesterian Senior Member

Working my way through Guenon's Symbols of Sacred Science at the moment. Waiting for Esoterism of Dante and de Benoist's View from the Right, Vol. I to arrive in the post.

4. Azaeroe

Azaeroe Member

Evelyn Waugh

5. Plantagenet

Plantagenet Heroic Member

Reread Cultivating Stillness: A Taoist Manual for Transforming Body and Mind.

Now I'm reading two simultaneously, namely Evola's Metaphysics of War alongside rereading Davidson's Myths and Symbols in Pagan Europe: Early Scandinavian and Celtic Religions. Some reading to prep for this summer's martial/physical training in order to further my aim of channeling in body and spirit my ancient Nordic barbarian ancestors.

Next I will likely pay the relatively high price tag to obtain Kershaw's The One-eyed God: Odin and the (Indo-) Germanic Männerbünde to fit in the general theme, perhaps also finally get around to reading Enright's Lady with a Mead Cup: Ritual, prophecy and lordship in the European warband from La Tene to the Viking Age.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Azaeroe

Azaeroe Member

Faust in German. I prefer the Hochdeutsch language to English probably because Goethe has shown me what can be done with it. If I could be anything it would probably be a poet in the German language. Perhaps that is something for my son to attain as opposed to me- realistically. Languages I would like to know would be Italian, German to a higher level, French, Sanskrit, Japanese, Mandarin and Swedish. I am unfortunately not bothered to learn them. Perhaps my son can learn at least some of them. For now while on vacation I will continue to read Goethe. On returning I will return to Greek tragedy, poesy and philosophia, Die Bibel nach Martin Luther im Deutschem Sprache, secondary material for Bhagavad Gita & Strindberg.

7. Boreas

Boreas Senior Member Staff Member Sustaining Member

Just finished 'The Lord of the Rings' for the first time and currently reading and commenting the Dhammapada in our reading group with friends.

• Superb Superb x 1
  8. Mahavira

Mahavira Recruit

I am currently working through a few books, but mostly reading through The Tao of Seneca, Meditations, The Doctrine of Awakening, and The Religion & Philosophy of the Vedas and Upanishads.

9. Azaeroe

Azaeroe Member

Bought sämtliche Gedichte und Balladen von Schiller & will read them simultaneously together with Teil Zwei. Then more German poesy, Classical texts, Irish & USAmerican poesy, the Lutheran bible im Deutschem Sprache, Hume, Herrn Kant, Schopenhauer & Nietzsche, childrens' literature, south American poesy, French poesy, Strindberg, Dante, Bhagavad Gita and Sea of Fertility.

da seh ich junge Hexchen nackt und bloß

[​IMG]

Last edited: 17 April 2018