1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is your Myers-Briggs Type Indicator?

Discussion in 'Anthropology' started by Valvar, 9 February 2014.

?

What is your Myers-Briggs Type Indicator?

1. ISTJ

5.6%
  2. ISTP

5.6%
  3. ISFJ

5.6%
  4. ISFP

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. INTJ

50.0%
  6. INTP

16.7%
  7. INFJ

5.6%
  8. INFP

5.6%
  9. ESTJ

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. ESTP

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. ESFJ

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. ESFP

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. ENTJ

5.6%
  14. ENTP

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. ENFJ

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. ENFP

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  17. Other/unsure (answer in thread)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. This thread serves the purpose of both a statistical survey of the Lumine Boreali membership, and as a place to discuss matters related to the Myers-Briggs types. This is already a question in the General Survey, but I thought it might be a prudent to have a thread dedicated to this question alone.

Take the test here (for example, there are of course more websites): http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp

Also, if possible, post your detailed results in this thread.

My personal results:

INTP
    Introvert(33%) iNtuitive(100%) Thinking(25%) Perceiving(33)%
    • You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (33%)
    • You have strong preference of Intuition over Sensing (100%)
    • You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (25%)
    • You have moderate preference of Perceiving over Judging (33%)

• Like Like x 2
  2. I don't care to do the (same) test again, for the two-hundredth time. Been studying it and related subjects for years, and I am extremely certain I am an INFJ and a type 8 on the Enneagram.

Slightly introverted (11% or so), very strong preference toward Intuition, slight (again somewhere around 11%) preference for Feeling, moderate to strong preference for Judging (depending on how laid back I feel).

An interesting test to do is the MBTI Functions test, where you see how well-developed your various cognitive functions are. That is also hugely dependent on you reporting the correct thing and being honest towards yourself and others, though. You'll get a type and a list of functions you are good or bad at. My Introverted Sensing (Si) is extremely poor, with the exceptions of making stuff with my hands, sensory feeling memory, smell/taste memory and a few other things. It essentially means I can't remember karate katas, dances or road directions very well, and my sense of direction is fairly bad unless I focuse (I have trained to become better for some time now). The others are more or less strong, whether learned or something I was born with.

Last edited by a moderator: 10 February 2014
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Plantagenet

Plantagenet Heroic Member

I am not sure what I am. Like I said in the general survey, I either score INTP or ENTP with a roughly 50/50 introversion/extroversion. I think I may be more ENTP of an introverted variety, especially since most of the people around me (hipsters, wiggers, anti-intellectuals, YOLO crowd, etc.) aren't the sort of people I wish to interact with and therefore contribute to my more solitary nature. In high school I had a large group of friends, always looked to make people laugh, and would often engage in debate for the fun of it, so this sometimes strikes me as more ENTP. Though I do often live inside my head and thrive on theories, philosophy, ideas, etc. like an INTP. That said, most of the people listed as "famous INTPs" aren't people I really like. When I read qualities of INTPs and ENTPs, I find there are some on each I identify with and don't identify with.

They say you can determine which one you are based upon how you are energized, either from being with people or from being alone, but I am energized by both. I only get drained of energy being around people I dislike. So I guess in some ways I am an ANTP (ambivert-NTP.)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Olavsson

Olavsson First Lieutenant Staff Member
    1. Lumine Boreali Gentlemen's Club
    2. Neoplatonism

Plantagenet, one should keep in mind that it is possible to have a dominant introvert side without not enjoying social life. The idea that if you are not some sort of hermit who totally avoids people and is incapable of enjoying social contact or be energized by it, then you must be E***, is based on a misunderstanding. If you look at the lists of famous people who have been categorized as I***, it is clear that many of them had very good social skills, probably better than the majority of E***'s. A good point:

More: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extraversion_and_introversion

Those who are extremely interested in the world of ideas, philosophy etc, are much more likely to be I***'s than E***'s, although noteworthy exceptions occur. This doesn't mean, however, that they can not enjoy social contact with the right people or do not have an interest in the outer world. It should be kept in mind that our species is by default a social being, since we have evolved as tribal communities since time immemorial.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Olavsson

Olavsson First Lieutenant Staff Member
    2. Neoplatonism

And yes, I forgot. My type.

I am INTJ, with a moderate preference for I, a strong preference for N, a moderate to weak preference for T and a slight preference for J. (I won't talk about exact percentages, as those seem to vary somewhat between various tests I have taken). I often lean a little towards INFJ and less so towards INTP.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Deukalion

Deukalion Guest

INTJ
    Introvert(33%) iNtuitive(25%) Thinking(62%) Judging(56%)

• You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (25%)
    • You have distinctive preference of Thinking over Feeling (62%)
    • You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (56%)

• Like Like x 4
  7. Svíar

Svíar Heroic Member Sustaining Member

Introvert(33%) iNtuitive(38%) Feeling(38%) Perceiving(11)%
    • You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (38%)
    • You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (38%)
    • You have slight preference of Perceiving over Judging (11%)

• Like Like x 2
  8. inn digri

inn digri Senior Member

INTJ
    Introvert(67%) iNtuitive(75%) Thinking(88%) Judging(33%)
    • You have distinctive preference of Introversion over Extraversion (67%)
    • You have distinctive preference of Intuition over Sensing (75%)
    • You have strong preference of Thinking over Feeling (88%)
    • You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (33%)

You'd almost think I'm autistic...

• Like Like x 3
  9. The Fool

The Fool Second Lieutenant Sustaining Member
    2. Neoplatonism

I don't care to do it again for the precise percentages, but this and and several other versions of the Myers-Briggs test say I'm very heavily INTJ.

• Like Like x 2
  10. inn digri

inn digri Senior Member

Well you're not alone at that ;)

• Like Like x 1