Works of literature which embody traditional spirit

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Posidonius, 19 December 2018.

1. Posidonius

Posidonius Member

Having just finished Yukio Mishima's short story Patriotism, I must say that I have found it to be absolutely brilliant. To say even more, I was mesmerized with its grandeur and aristocratic beauty, and by the end completely overwhelmed with the highest of feelings. And frankly speaking, I think that all true art should lead to something comparable – which is what I believe people like Coomaraswamy and Schuon have also thought.

In light of this, in this thread I propose to share specifically those works of literature which have inspired something noble in you, and particularly those qualities and feelings which in traditional men were a norm. In addition to Mishima's Patriotism, I would also mention Plutarch's Life of Alexander and Joséphin Péladan's Curieuse – though the latter is still not translated into English.

Ah, and Ernst Jünger's Storm of Steel is also oftentimes mentioned in this connection, though as for myself I have still not read it.

Last edited: 19 December 2018
  2. Azaeroe

Azaeroe Member

Moravagine - Monsieur Blaise Cendrars

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice